With so many streaming options available, such as Spotify and Apple Music, you might be inclined to cut your monthly music streaming budget by canceling your Amazon Music subscription.
Signing up for this service is straightforward, quick, and simple. Opting out, however, might take a little more effort. Worry not, though; in this article, you’ll learn how to cancel your Amazon Music subscription from various devices.
How to Cancel Amazon Music on a Computer
The most straightforward way to cancel your Amazon Music subscription is using your computer’s web browser. Whether you’re using a Windows or Mac computer, or even a Chromebook, the process is done in the same way. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Go to Amazon.com.
- Navigate to the right-hand side of the Amazon main page.
- Click Accounts & Lists.
- Select Memberships & Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- In the lower part of the screen, click Music Subscriptions. Then, on the next screen, go to the Amazon Music Unlimited section.
- Select Cancel subscription under the Subscription Renewal Details section. Then, Confirm by clicking Confirm cancelation.
After you’ve canceled your current subscription, you’ll still be able to access the Amazon Music content until the subscription end date (previously your monthly subscription payment date). This applies to any subscription cancelation method you go with.
How to Cancel Amazon Music on Android
If you’re using an Android or another non-iOS device, you can cancel your Amazon Music subscription using the corresponding phone/tablet app.
- Open the Amazon Music app.
- Select the gear icon
- Tap Amazon Music Unlimited.
- In your plan information screen, navigate to the Subscription Renewal section, and hit Cancel subscription.
- Confirm cancelation.
How to Cancel Amazon Music on iOS
Whether you’re an iPhone or an iPad user, you’ll be able to find the Amazon Music app in the App Store. The app works on pretty much the same principle as the Android one.
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Go to Amazon.com.
- Sign in to your account via the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the screen.
- In the Account menu, navigate to the Account settings section.
- Go to Your Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Find the Amazon Music Unlimited entry and tap it.
- Find and select Amazon Music Unlimited Settings.
- Select Cancel subscription.
- Select a reason for the cancelation. Tap Confirm cancelation to confirm.
Alternatively. you can cancel your Amazon Music subscription from the Settings menu.
- Open the Settings app.
- In the Search bar at the top of the page, enter “subscriptions”.
- Tap the Subscriptions search result.
- Find and select the Amazon Music subscription, select Cancel Subscription, and then Confirm.
How to Cancel Amazon Music on iTunes
You can subscribe to various services using Apple’s iTunes. The payments are processed through your Apple account, which many Apple users find preferable to a direct Amazon Music subscription. To cancel an iTunes-based Amazon Music subscription, you’re going to be using your browser or your phone’s/tablet’s settings.
- Go to support.apple.com.
- Scroll down to the Billing and Subscriptions entry and click it.
- Select See or cancel subscriptions.
- Your browser will prompt you to open your iTunes app (if installed). If not, download the iTunes app using the download it for free link on the said page.
- In the iTunes app, select Account from the top of the screen. Then, click View My Account…
- Under the Settings section, you’ll find Subscriptions. Then, click Manage next to the Subscriptions entry.
- Find your Amazon Music subscription and select it.
- Click Cancel Subscription and confirm.
How to Cancel Amazon Music HD
Amazon Music HD subscription allows you to access all content on Amazon Music, with an option of listening in CD-quality mode. Canceling Amazon Music HD works like canceling any other Amazon Music subscription. However, if you want to cancel Amazon Music HD but still continue using the regular subscription, you’re going to have to do it via Amazon’s website.
- Go to the Amazon Music settings page.
- Select Remove HD from my subscription and then Confirm.
You’ll be able to access the HD content until the end date of your subscription.
How to Cancel Amazon Music After Free Trial
After the 90 days of Amazon Music’s free trial offer have expired, you’ll get charged automatically for the following month. If you want to avoid this, set a date in your reminder to make sure that you cancel your subscription. After the trial has expired, you won’t be able to get a refund for this. You can cancel any Amazon Music subscription at any point by following the above guidelines, though.
How to Cancel Amazon Music Free Trial on Alexa
Whichever Amazon Music-compatible Alexa device you want to activate your subscription on, it has been made very straightforward. Devices such as Amazon Echo come with a special and affordable plan that sets you back $3.99 per month. Activating Amazon Music on Alexa-based devices is as simple as saying, “Alexa, try Amazon Music Unlimited.” Of course, you get to use the 90-day trial here.
Unsubscribing from Amazon Music on Alexa devices requires navigating to your Amazon Music page and following the previously outlined steps.
Can you pause Amazon Music as an alternative to canceling it?
If you’re on your 90-day trial period with Amazon Music, you can cancel it at any point, as explained above. However, this doesn’t delete your Amazon Music account – you can get back to it at any point. Bear in mind, though, that you won’t be able to use the 90-day trial again on the same account.
This goes for non-trial subscriptions, as well. Once you’ve canceled your Amazon Music subscription, you’ll be able to use it until the current payment end date. If you want to use Amazon Music again, you’re going to have to pay for the next 30 days immediately.
How to unsubscribe from Amazon Music?
Sometimes, even after cancelation, you’ll receive Amazon Music updates in your inbox from your Amazon account. To stop these emails, navigate to the email in question, and look for an “unsubscribe” option. It is usually found at the bottom of the email in small-font letters.
Does Amazon Music’s free trial auto-renew into a paid subscription?
Yes. After your 90-day free trial has expired, Amazon won’t ask you whether you’d like to continue your subscription. Unless you’ve unsubscribed prior to the trial end date, you will be charged for the next month. This is why Amazon requires entering your payment information before the 90-day trial.
How do I change my Amazon Music subscription?
Navigate to the Manage Your Subscriptions menu and hover over the item of your subscription that you wish to modify. Select Edit. Then, click Change payment. Choose the new payment method that you want to use and click Continue. Apply the changes to all subscriptions that you want to. Finish by selecting Apply your changes and confirm.
Do I need Amazon Music if I have Amazon Prime?
With your Amazon Prime membership, you get a free Amazon Music Prime subscription. However, the Music Prime option’s features are limited compared to Amazon Music Unlimited, which is why many users choose to pay for the latter. Amazon Music HD brings all the benefits of the Unlimited subscription to the table, plus more premium quality music and access to CD-quality playback.
Is Spotify better than Amazon Music?
Although they are both music streaming services, Spotify and Amazon Music are very different, and not just in terms of in-app aesthetics. Amazon Music has more subscription pricing options than Spotify.
However, Spotify still remains at the top of the music streaming services food chain, owing to its brilliant recommendation algorithm. Spotify, however, can’t be regarded as “better” than Amazon Music – it all boils down to personal preference.
Is Amazon Prime worth the money?
Although you can get all Amazon Music subscriptions without Amazon Prime, this membership brings a ton of benefits to the table. For the yearly fee of around $120, not only do you get free access to Amazon Music, but also various discounts and benefits on Amazon. When you think about it, for just $10 per month, you get access to Amazon Music and various other benefits.
Canceling Amazon Music Subscriptions
Whatever Amazon Music plan you’re subscribed to, you can cancel it in a variety of ways, using different devices. All in all, however, with the Amazon Prime membership, you get a full package of benefits, including the regular Amazon Music subscription, for free.
Granted, the Ultimate and HD plans bring significant improvement to the table, but you may not need these. If you’re feeling like you’re spending too much on Amazon, cancel the Ultimate/HD plans, and keep using the default Amazon Music subscription.
Have you managed to cancel your Amazon Music subscription plan? Did you encounter any problems? Was Amazon able to help you? If you’re experiencing any difficulty in the Amazon Music department, feel free to leave a comment below – our community is more than happy to help.